Friday, August 13, 2010

No Blog for Strategy Desk?

I was searching on the TD Ameritrade site, and I had thought there was a blog dedicated to the development of the Strategy Desk platform, but apparently not. There's documentation for the platform, as well as guides, but the only news about the tool, is quite likely the release notes. Well, it's not the end of the world; I was just hoping to put a resource other there.

I'm sure you've heard of "Think or Swim". It's another of the TD Ameritrade trading tools that's available as a customer. I was slightly intrigued because the platform is supported under the Linux OS, which I'm quite likely the only person that's using Linux. I'll give it a go, and see how it functions and try to make some comparisons between the two systems.

Over the last week, I've also taken a number of notes from the radio programs I typically listen to. I'll jots some of them down and try to pull together a listing of resources and criteria to use as a best practice for investing in the market. This week was bad for the market, but quite possible and entry point depending on the sentiment of the upcoming days. Jobs for one, is a major indication that needs to get going to ensure a strong economic recovery, and this week's news releases were less than ideal.