Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fighting The Tape

Bad idea. I couldn't stand the pain, even with paper money. I hadn't posted an update, but I did pull the trade off the table. The short and put options went hard against me, even when AAPL looked poised for a pull back.

This stock is loved and it's a leader right now. Betting against it is not recommended; I tried that and it was a losing battle. If one was going to consider a short on this security, it would have to be in conjunction with a negative tide of the entire market. Quite possibly, even that wouldn't matter.

I'll update this post and put up my losing numbers, but take my word for it even paper money was painful for me.

By the way, what's your opinion of the OEX ($OEX.X) put/call ratio and the upcoming direction of the market? Something I'm watching, but if you have a thought you'd like to share, please do.